Price of gp-100 3” 44 special

Help Support Ruger Forum:

foxtrapper

Blackhawk
Anybody remember what these were going for before the madness? Forcing cone cracking still a issue?

NikA

Buckeye
I think 600 was a good price for a NIB GP in any caliber before the current situation. I believe I paid right around that amount for my 44 a few weeks after they became available.

I don't know of any problems with forcing cone cracking provided loads are kept to levels in line with their construction.

I concur. I got mine for $619 right after introduction. I have put through about 1500 rounds in it, and no forcing cone issues. I use a fairly bland 200 gr Nosler JHP, Starline brass, 6 grains of Win231 and a Win LP primer.

Rclark

Hunter
I'd say $600 is a very good price now-a-days.

Can't say much on the forcing cone issue as my wood gripped Talo 3" GP-100 .44 Special is still good. The forcing cone is thin compared to other revolvers. Of course it has only around 200 rounds through it as I much prefer shooting my Single Action .44 Specials.... So not even broke in yet. I shoot the Skeeter load in mine (as I do in everything but my CA Bulldog). I bought this for a 'possible' concealed carry ... Nice gun ... but compared to the Bulldog the GP-100 is huge.... So probably won't bother buying a holster for it. It will be, I think, just an occasional range gun.

tunnug

Single-Sixer
Picked one up about 1 1/2yrs ago for $450, as I paid and he handed me the stuff that came with it he tells me "careful, it's a handful", told him no prob. I shoot 44 mag. When I get home I notice the front sight has a small bash towards the front, figured someone let it get away from them and it hit concrete, no other damage, one call to Ruger and I got a replacement, good as new.