OM Single Six Box/Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cshe091

Bearcat
Can anyone point me in a direction of what value the box/grips might have? Was going through some stuff and found it. It was my great uncle's, but unfortunately he traded the gun decades ago. The number penciled on the end of the box is what I assume is the serial number which is 23859 and I believe that puts it in the 1955 range. The fake stag grips appear to have a logo stamped inside that says Franzite? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

contender

Ruger Guru
Looks like an early box, that likely held a FlatGate .22. Desirable.
Condition isn't the best, but still desirable. A minty condition box like that would be in the $200 range. I'd say that one may bring $100.
The black grips look like original ones, and as long as t hey aren't chipped, or cracked anywhere,, $90-$100. The Franzite ones,, not sure, as not as many folks collect those. But still at least $25 or so.

Good info above, I sold the same box two shows back for $125 and it had the wax paper still in it,,,,get something on those hard rubber grips, even a bit of oil, I use 'RIG' on all my stuff been using it for almost 60 years, Grandpa put us on to that.....
I sold the same pair of Franzite grips and got $15..if you look carefully they tend to 'warp' with age....good luck 8) :roll: :wink:

rugerguy said:
I sold the same pair of Franzite grips and got $15..if you look carefully they tend to 'warp' with age....good luck 8) :roll: :wink:

They do indeed. I have a nice pair that are warped to the point where they aren't "flat" on the back side so they won't pull down uniformly onto the grip frame.

Latest posts