Ruger Security Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

nrobe50

Buckeye
Looking for value on a bi-centennial Security Six 4 inch brl 357. A buddy has one and wants to sell it. I may put it on the forum for him but I am a 3 screw guy and don't really keep track of the double action guns.

hittman

Staff member
Box and shipper makes a price difference too.

Around here, gun only in stainless maybe $450, blued $400 tops.

A couple good pictures would really help to verify the condition. Also, prices vary WIDELY for the Six series revolvers depending on the area of the US. Even being a bicentennial, it could go anywhere from $350 and up for a blued, $400 and up for a stainless.

And as said, box/original papers/shipping sleeve add a lot to the value for a collector.

kevin masten

Blackhawk
As above. There are a lot of variables surrounding the Six series revolvers. Heavy barrel. Target stocks. Red insert, white outline sights. Do you have the low back or high back grip frame? As also stated: box, shipping sleeve. Just saying need more info for a value.

kevin masten said:
As above. There are a lot of variables surrounding the Six series revolvers. Heavy barrel. Target stocks. Red insert, white outline sights. Do you have the low back or high back grip frame? As also stated: box, shipping sleeve. Just saying need more info for a value.

FYI - Bicentennial model (1976) will be a high back frame, black front and rear sights, red/black box, rounded rear frame (not scalloped), no lawyer writing.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Yes a lot of variables but most are similiar value to different people. Scallop vs none, heavy vs light barrel, lowback vs high all exactly the same overall. Bicentennial is traditionally about $30 extra box and manual maybe $30 extra also.

FLUndertaker

Bearcat
I've watched several on GB recently sell for 600-700 for blue. Are they worth it? Probably not but that's what the market is willing to pay right now. $450 is a 2019 valuation. Do your research.