RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: French Ruger 101
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:19 pm 
Single-Sixer

I bought this Ruger 101 that was used by French railway police. I sent for a letter from Ruger and it arrived today.

Post subject: Re: French Ruger 101
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:44 pm 
Blackhawk

Nice piece of history, the gun looks to be in great shape. Thanks for sharing.

Jim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:04 pm 
Hawkeye

The French police used a set of grips made by Trausch. Very difficult to find now. Trausch died around 2012 and his wife had no interest in the business. I have a couple of sets and wish I had more. Really gave a lot of control. You have a nice gun, and as has been said a nice piece of history.

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:44 pm 

Nice!

Heck ya, that ones a keeper.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:27 am 
Single-Sixer

My opinion .
Trausch grip is the BEST grip made for the SP series.
Found a couple and is what I use on the 4.2 inchers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:05 pm 
Single-Sixer

I don't think Trausch makes grips anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:04 pm 
Hawkeye

Correct. As I said Jacques Trausch died in 2012 and his wife wasn't interested in the business so just closed it. In addition to the Ruger SP101 they built grips for the S&W K frame and others. I'd love to find a couple more.

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:51 am 
Buckeye

Bear Paw Jack wrote:
Correct. As I said Jacques Trausch died in 2012 and his wife wasn't interested in the business so just closed it. In addition to the Ruger SP101 they built grips for the S&W K frame and others. I'd love to find a couple more.

What is so special about Trausch grips? If you have them, would you please make some pictures and show them to us. Tanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:30 am 
Single-Sixer

This is photo of Trausch grips on Manurhin model 88. The lip at the top keeps gun from moving in your hand when shooting.

Last edited by Toyman on Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:41 pm 
Hawkeye

Nice Ruger and bit of history!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:02 pm 
Hunter

Mr. Trausch sent me airmail from France some of the first grips of his in this country. I set him up with Dillon who for a time sold them through Dillons blue press. I also tried to get Mike Venturino to look at them ( he was a neighbor at the time) but he declined to answer my messages. I still have some of his white SP 101 grips and 2 pairs of the only speed six grips in the country as far as I know. One white pair and one black pair. I wanted him to make those for the square butt but he never did. I know he modified one set to fit a customers gun on at least one occasion but there wasn't enough grip thickness over the back of the square frame corner. He also sent me a fabulous french made t shirt that said Trausch grips Paris France which is now worn out and gone unfortunately. He sent me all these grips ( maybe 10 pairs) and the shirt for free so I could help him find reviews with gun writers I knew and distributors like Dillon. I wish someone could have bought his molds and business. I think I sold Bear Paw Jack a couple of my extra SP-101 grips a few years back?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:11 pm 
Hawkeye

protoolman, I think that may be correct. I'd sure like to get another one or two grips. I've got a black and a white as well. I wish someone would come along and take over the company and start producing them again.

George Orwell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:56 am 
Hawkeye

With a block of walnut, some simple tools, and time, you can have the grips you want. I've made grips for several pistols I bought.