Bisley grip

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stevep1954

Bearcat
is the bisley grip the same on the SBH and the BH? i like the length of the SBH bisley grip and am wondering if i get the BH bisley will i still be able to get a full grip like i do on the SBH. thanks

Varminterror

Blackhawk
Yes, all Ruger Bisley grips are the same size. The only exception would be the pre-1998 versus post 1998 versions - these have the same length and grip contour, but have a slightly different height of the radius at the top of the grip, corresponding to the change in frame bosses.

If you want some variety, RW Gripframes, makes a whole assortment of differences in direct fit replacement Bisley grip frames. You can go a 4 degree, oversized, undersized, radiused, etc

Onty

Single-Sixer
bearskinner said:
If you want some variety, RW Gripframes, makes a whole assortment of differences in direct fit replacement Bisley grip frames. You can go a 4 degree, oversized, undersized, radiused, etc
Thanks for the tip https://rwgripframes-com.3dcartstores.com/ . Incredible assortment, but boy, they are pricey; grips $350, hammers $250.

contender

Ruger Guru
Ronnie (RW) at that site is doing stuff many have desired for many years. His brass frames are NOT cast,, (like the Ruger factory ones,) but instead, precision machined.
The designs he has created,, were developed by talking to, then building, then testing, in the hands of true KNOWN long range handgunners who understand how a handgun should fit. An example of one of those guys is a member here,, David Bradshaw,, (who also helped Ruger design & test the original .357 Maxi) and used that knowledge to build these grip frames.

And for his hammers & triggers,, he worked with custom gunsmith, Dave C. to perfect a set that would compliment his excellent frames.
His grips,, look at the materials he offers,, and go try & buy the raw stock he uses for some of them.

No,, not cheap,, but the quality is 100% top notch!