Single Six Cylinder OM or NM?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hello, I've got this cylinder. It's a 22 LR, NOT a magnum. Although some jerk on Ebay sold it as a magnum cylinder. Anyway, it is a New Model Cylinder or Old Model Cylinder? It's an extra and I want to sell it, but want to know what I'm selling.

rowB1WTl.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Hondo44

Hawkeye
It's a new model because it no longer has the firing pin groove cut in the rear face which was needed to protect the firing pin from contacting the cyl. The new model transfer bar system eliminated the problem.

But you should just contact ebay and get your money back; it was mis-represented!

Thanks! Yes, I should have contacted eBay, but I bought it last summer and just put it on the shelf and sort of forgot about it. Now I'm through with eBay for good. The last time I sold something there, it was a 25% commission with listing fees etc. far too much.

Well, live and learn.

And thanks again!

Hondo44

Hawkeye
An often asked question:

So why doesn't the OM Mag cylinder have the firing pin groove?

When the .22 Mag came out, experiments with the same type cylinders as .22 LR with the groove at the rear found that the cartridge would do a lot of spitting and case rupture, so they had to enclose the case head completely on the .22 Mag. Cylinders.

OK< now I am confused, you say at th e top its a 22 lr but in your ad you say it s a "magnum"????
or do you have another one???? I have the old model magnum and would swap it for the 22 lr if that IS what you have..........

Let us know..... 8) :roll: :wink: