10 Best Revolvers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to2YPRVEZlE&ab_channel=TopArmy

Was on you tube and saw this review. I've had all but one of these and pretty much agree. What do you think. Lots of gunners here. Should be some good opinions.

Russell

Bearcat
I can't believe that the Security Six isn't included...one of the most prolific wheel-guns ever produced. Personally I'd bump the Super Redhawk from the list in favor of the 'Six.

Just my $ .02. I've never owned a Redhawk, they certainly have a great reputation and a strong following.

It seems to be a fair representation........... My list would be of "favorite" revolvers from my experience and use. For ME my all time favorite is a S&W 4" 686 357 Mag. Some of my other favorites include the 5" 629, 4 5/8" 357 Blackhawk, Stainless Speed Six snubby, Colt King Cobra 3", 4" SP101, 4" K-22 S&W, J-frame S&W snubby, Colt Cobra snubby, Single Six convertible, S&W Model 12 snubby and the Bearcat. Probably others I can't think of right now.....

gunzo

Hunter
I couldn't take the computerized voice either, & probably wouldn't have agreed if I'd finished listening.

Best is such a subjective term & could include so many models. But when I exclude individual models, loves, likes, history, nostalgia, etc. & look at quality, superior engineering, & being downright accurate & dependable, are there even 10 total? Sure, I f we break down a brand or series into model numbers, but otherwise?

The more I think about this,, the trickier it gets. Define best, an extremely broad term. An SP101 may be more robust than a Smith J-frame so the "best" for abuse might go to the Ruger. But it's increased weigh would have it loose to the Smith for "best"" for carry.

I could go on, but my point is there's no free lunch. Trade offs exist, a lot of them.

Most notable revolvers of all time would have been a far more accurate title for the vid.

Rclark

Hunter
Freedom Arms was not even mentioned.
Yes they were.... Model 83 #8 (if you had turned off the 'voice')... as was the Ruger BH. I just skipped through the video.

That said 'best' is in eye of beholder. I couldn't say about any of the DAs as not a Python or S&W fan at all. If they would say most 'influential' or some such, then we would have something to work with :) . Like Colt's 1860 .44 or the 1851, or the SAA.... Best 'made' would probably go to Freedom Arms, but there are (or were) a lot of custom makers that could 'make' an 'X' revolver into a very good revolver too. So it goes. Best working man's gun would have to go to the Blackhawk series. But again we are getting into what's best IMHO or your IMHO :) . I am just glad there is variety for all of us to be content.

hittman

Staff member
powder smoke said:
Freedom Arms was not even mentioned. ps

Except for that part where the Freedom Arms 83 is number 8 on the list. :lol:

I'd replace the Super Redhawk with the standard Redhawk and find something else to delete so Security/Service/Speed Six can be on the list.