Old model super Blackhawk 44 mag barrel length question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

greystonedog

Bearcat
Did they make one with a 4 5/8 inch bbl.? This one is on a local trader site. It has unfluted cylinder and round trigger guard. Thanks

contender

Ruger Guru
Not factory.
I bought one similar several years ago. Cut bbl,,, factory made (later installed,) brass g/f, & reblued. It's a shooter for sure!

kevin masten

Blackhawk
I disagree. I have the exact SBH as described in the original post. I guarantee you it is factory to the front sight. Mfg sometime around 2013.

Regards

NitroAcres

Single-Sixer
greystonedog said:
Did they make one with a 4 5/8 inch bbl.? This one is on a local trader site. It has unfluted cylinder and round trigger guard. Thanks

You looking at the "Rare Hard to Find" one on GA Outdoor?? I like it but at $700 it is a bit steep for a "parts gun"...but I suppose if you took it to a gunsmith and had the barrel shortend and with the cost of the 7-1/2 in good shape, you could be into it for that much...it looks like it is in pretty fair shape. (the grip frame ears are a tad tall where they meet the main frame.)

I'm hoping if I sit on the fence long enough, someone else will buy it... 8)

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
As to Three Screw Super Blackhawks, I believe there were some 6 1/2" barreled models made. But the cataloged models were all 7 1/2" in length.

The marks of the Super Blackhawk of the day were: Non fluted cylinder, 7 1/2" barrel, ribbed rear sight, Dragoon style grip frame and wide grooved trigger with the low, wide hammer spur. Also, a deluxe blue finish.

Current New Model Blackhawks exhibit the low wide hammer spur as the only mark of a Super. Grip frame, of steel, either Dragoon style or Blackhawk style, barrels from here to yonder, fluted or non fluted cylinders, blue or stainless; anything Ruger dreams up.

Bob Wright