SRH 10mm Canted Sight - Off to the factory - Update

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yes, I am a fan of 10mm and I jumped at the SRH when they arrived at my local shop about 3 years ago. Promptly installed a scope and have been
enjoying it since. I decided to remove the scope and shoot it with sights this last weekend and discovered that the gun has an issue.

I noticed the canted sight right after I removed the scope and sighted in on a object in my reloading room. I shot it the next day off sand bags at 25 yards and the POI is 9 inches right of POA.

I could not believe that I had missed it during my inspection during purchase. The cant is too much to accept. I showed the gun to a friend and did not explain the issue but asked him to look for what was wrong. Took him 20 seconds to find it.

Called this morning and customer service was outstanding. Emailed a shipping label despite the gun being over two years old.

So, has anyone returned the SRH with this problem?

How did the problem get resolved?

Bill

G2

Hunter
327 Single Seven Birdshead,
Sent it back and it came back,,, :shock: SAME/SAME. :roll: ,,, shot to side several inches at 30'

Cant was slight but being a fixed sight gun no easy way to fix it other than un-do and re-set.
I was contemplating pulling the barrel and re-barrel w/a Octagon. But didn't want spend that kind of $$.

So I glued a pop sickle stick to the side of the sight and sent it back, very obvious with a 4" blade... :lol:

Long Story short, it came back dead on, w/ some nice extras included in the return.

Happy Camper.
50286667097_45aeaf6ae9_z.jpg

45C flattop, 45C vaquero, SS7, SS6C

G2,

Mine arrive at the "mother ship" on the 23rd of December. Looks like it will spend the Christmas holiday there. I don't really expect anyone to look at it until after New Years.

I have high hopes that it will come back perfect.

I still can't believe I missed this when I bought it.

Bill

Shotter11

Bearcat
I had a similar issue several years ago with a SBH 7 1/2" 44 mag. I couldn't get it to group well. I brought my grievances here and of the several replies was one to check to see if the barrel was square to the frame. I thought the chances of it being misaligned were slim but I checked it anyway using a strait edge off the top strap. To my dismay, it was crooked.
I sent it to Ruger and around a week later I had in my hands an accurate smooth shooter that I still have.
Keep us posted

Acorn

Buckeye
My SBH is canted too. I bought it used and missed it. I wonder if they'd issue a call tag for it?
I hesitate to send it back for fear they'll go over it and replace some internals.
As it is the action is like soft butter.

Update:

My SRH in 10mm had the old style 6.5 inch barrel.
Ruger no longer has that barrel length in the older design in stock.
Ruger offered to install a 7.5 inch older style barrel on my gun that they did have in stock.
I declined the longer barrel installation offer.
Ruger offered to replace my gun with a model of my choice.
I accepted that offer and selected a Redhawk model 5050. 4 inch 45 ACP / 45 Colt.
Ruger builds replacement guns to order.
They said that these models were going into production shortly and that I would be notified when the gun was ready to be shipped.
Told to expect 4-6 weeks for shipment.

I am completely satisfied with this outcome and my customer service experience.

Bill

Enigma

Hunter
Acorn said:
My SBH is canted too. I bought it used and missed it. I wonder if they'd issue a call tag for it?
I hesitate to send it back for fear they'll go over it and replace some internals.
As it is the action is like soft butter.

Hard to say, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if they did replace the internals. I had (as in, past tense) a .45 Colt Vaquero with serious thread choke (that shot two distinct groups on the target) and undersized cylinder exit holes. I sent it to Ruger for the thread choke; "within specs," but they DID kindly replace the cylinder that I had just had returned after having the exit holes honed to a uniform diameter.

Update: Called customer service. No projected production date for a RedHawk to replace my Super Redhawk. I changed up my replacement choice and selected the Super RedHawk 7.5 inch 44 mag. They claim they are in production. Expecting an email in the next 10 days with shipping information.
Bill