Got a new revolver...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

It's not a Ruger, it's a Taurus 856 with a 3" barrel. Seems to be a pretty nice gun. Taurus has come a long way in the past few years. I've got a couple of the 2" barreled ones but I believe the 3"er is a keeper. They are 38 special +P, and they are 6 shooter.

https://www.taurususa.com/firearms/revolvers/taurus-defender-856/taurus-defender-856-revolvers-38-special-p-6-round-matte-stainless-2/

Fits my SP101 holster well enough. Anyone else try one?

recumbent

Buckeye
Looks like a nice revolver.
The only Taurus revolvers I would not buy are their 22 revolvers. I have had 2 and they both had to go back to Taurus. One was so bad they replaced it but it took 4 months,

wagsfn

Bearcat
Nice looking little .38spl revolver! And a 6-shot at that. Price, finish and weight makes it desirable. I assume Taurus still offers life-time warranty? Myself I've only owned one Taurus Revolver, a Model 82 .38spl. 6-shot 4" barrel that was an Indonesian Police turn in gun I believe. +P rated. Paid $125 for it back in 2003 I'm guessing from a FFL Dealer catalog. Money well spent since it goes bang every time plus fairly accurate. Not the prettiest revolver by any means, but it sits hidden in my garage when I have the door open just in case. Shoot it once or twice a year to keep it sweet.....
OiNQF4th.jpg

Taurus does have the lifetime warranty. Plus they have changed management a few times in the last few years. Quality has improved steadily, I have at least 6 Taurus revolvers and a couple of semiauto 9mm. All have been good guns. 2 of them are 44 Specials are really nice guns. Mine are all stainless. They are handy vehicle guns.

That 82 was a nice gun as well. Probably made with S&W equipment.

Never had a problem with Taurus guns even the old "cheap" ones! One that I owned and sold and now regret it very much was the Model 450 - 2" 5 shot .45 Colt. They don't make them any more and trying to find a used one is hard! And no don't anybody tell me about the Taurus Judge! Don't like them! Love that lanyard ring on your revolver, wagsfn!

planetcat

Single-Sixer
That's a really nice looking revolver. If it goes bang when it's supposed to, $400 is a darn good price.