10 mm Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mrbumps

Blackhawk
I have one. It is a convertable with a 40 S&W cylinder. I had the 40 SW cylinder reamed to 38-40. Fun gun!

contender

Ruger Guru
I also have one,, and yes,, a neat gun to enjoy! (Of course,, I have a BUNCH of .40 S&W brass, and .10mm brass to use. I also shoot .40 S&W in competition.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
daveg.inkc said:
Are these all convertibles?

Yes, they all came with 2 cyls; 38-40 & 10MM and adjustable sights.

But they were all blue guns made for Buckeye Sports and have a special trademark stamped on the top strap of buckeye leaves. Oh wait, as I recall there was a SS Davidson's convertible with two cyls. That must be what your looking at.

The only other stainless version was the Vaquero w/fixed sight in 40 S&W cal that may have had the cyl reamed to 10MM. But it would be stamped 40 S&W on the left side of the frame.

mrbumps

Blackhawk
This is the current version from Lipseys. Comes in 6.5" and 4 5/8" barrel lengths

https://lipseys.com/itemdetail?itemno=RUKBN-106X

I have a SS 6 1/2" model with .40S&W and 10MM cylinders that I converted the .40 to s .38-40 also. Also made it a Bisley, with grip frame, hammer and trigger.
It's a nice companion to the Buckeye special also in 38-40/ 10MM

GarrettJ

Bearcat
I really like mine.

Buckeye Sports had Ruger make a run of Convertible Blackhawks in '90 or '91. I've always been a fan of the 10mm, and had wanted one of the Buckeye 10mm/.38-40 revolvers. But it seems they are always listed at $1200-$1300. Not that I've ever seen one sell for that price, but that seems to be the usual asking price.

So when the Lipseys 10mm/.40 guns were released, I jumped on one. They could be had for just under $600 if one looked. Now that Lipseys is out, the price has gone up some. $700 isn't a bad price for one in today's market, especially considering how all gun prices are up since March.

And then a year or so after buying the stainless 10mm/.40, I stumbled across one of the 10mm/38-40 guns for a reasonable price. So now I have two 10mm Blackhawks.

They're nice in that if you reload you can load longer than you could for a semi-auto, and get a fair bit more velocity out of them. It also helps that you're using a beefy revolver that's way overbuilt for the 10mm.

But now having said that, I usually just shoot "standard" full-powered 10mm through mine. It's not going to be a match for a .41 Mag as some people like to suggest. It's roughly equilavant to the .357 Mag in power. If I need something with more power, I'll use a revolver chambered in a different cartridge. That being said, it's very comfortable to shoot full-powered 10mm through, and the accuracy has been great.

ciV08WSh.jpg

dakota1911

Buckeye
They are nice and as far as I know all come with two cylinders. I bought a short barrel one after I bought a Ruger SR1911-10. It is where I shoot heavy 10mm loads.

I was impressed enough that I bought one with a longer barrel. Here with my 1976 Blackhawk in 357 mag.

I think with this guy the 40 S&W barrel is going to get milled out to 10mm mag. Granted only a couple companies load for 10mm mag but Starline sells the brass.