Holes and divots

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Antipaladin

Single-Sixer
Friend of mine just bought an obviously well used Vaquero and brought it over for me to look at. Took it apart to clean it and saw these. I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to be there. Told her to send it to Ruger. Maybe they'll hook her up...and recommended she hit me up BEFORE she buys a used gun. :)

fef3c6d53360c58977cf25780b2111f0.jpg

e53ceb6a27a66612524f5f31069037bb.jpg

6ac3744479ed1307969d1fb1567570da.jpg

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Porosity from when it was cast. Happens when there is gases in the molten metal. If it is not a wear surface or subject to pressure it is not really a problem. All the areas you show are not subject to pressure or wear.Also in the manufacturing world all the areas pictured are considered a "d surface" cosmetically. Meaning they are not seen during normal use and handling.

Essentially every box quality control could check to say it is not a problem have been checked.

So not the best example of Ruger's work but nothing actually "wrong" with it.

Sugar River

Buckeye
mike7mm08 said:
Porosity from when it was cast. Happens when there is gases in the molten metal. If it is not a wear surface or subject to pressure it is not really a problem. All the areas you show are not subject to pressure or wear.Also in the manufacturing world all the areas pictured are considered a "d surface" cosmetically. Meaning they are not seen during normal use and handling.

Essentially every box quality control could check to say it is not a problem have been checked.

So not the best example of Ruger's work but nothing actually "wrong" with it.

This is what I was thinking, though Mike said it much better than I could have.