My Favorite Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
I got this 6-1/2" .357 Blackhawk last week but I've been looking at it for about 35 years now. My Father-in-Law gave it to me as he is now in his 80's and doesn't want things to get mixed up if he passes. I had told him years ago if none of his kids wanted the Blackhawk then I'd love to have it, he decided he wasn't even giving them the option and wanted me to have it. Totally stock in every way from 1980 and came in the box with a receipt for $139.00 :D My Son will get this after I shoot it for (hopefully) many years to come.

BDM1

Single-Sixer
Good for you, i know it means even more to you coming from your FIL. That is as classic as a Blackhawk could be, any gun owner would appreciate having it. I also like that holster!

Rclark

Hunter
Nice! Enjoy it. Mine is about that age too. I bought it in my late teens. I can understand the attachment as mine has a lot of miles on it. Didn't (and don't) keep the paperwork so not sure what I paid for it then.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
Great post, Chief. Brings back some long ago memories for me. I sold my 4-5/8" .357 3-screw BH to my sergeant just before I left the service in late '75, as he was staying in and needed a back up gun for elk hunting down in the Blue Mtn near Asotin, OR.

We've kept in touch over the years and he's still got it...a little more worn...but still in good shape. Hope to see him and that old hog leg this coming summer out in Spokane WA.

Yours will bring you many years of pleasured shooting and will still be tight as a tick for your son. Too, the vintage Hunter holster, (sure looks like one), is the same as I had for mine. Best regards, and thx for your service. Best regards, Rod