RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:55 pm 
Single-Sixer

smith1961 wrote:
2. You can shoot ...

.32 ACP in it cheap for practice.....

Say what? :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:30 pm 
Blackhawk

VictorLouis wrote:
smith1961 wrote:
2. You can shoot ...

Yes, you can do this. Many folks, myself included, have done this. Heck even you can if you try.............
Just do it in modern hand ejector or other solid frame revolvers. Not a good idea in top break or other pre-war stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:50 pm 
Blackhawk

Yeah, it has a little semi-rim and will stay in battery the rim is approximately .005 thinner than .32S&W so will have a little excess head space. It will fire.

gary@2texas trucks.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:59 am 
Single-Sixer

Well, I'll be darned.... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:16 pm 
Hunter

smith1961 wrote:
VictorLouis wrote:
smith1961 wrote:
2. You can shoot ...

Yes, you can do this. Many folks, myself included, have done this. Heck even you can if you try.............
Just do it in modern hand ejector or other solid frame revolvers. Not a good idea in top break or other pre-war stuff.

Good advice on the old top breaks, the .32 Auto it loaded to considerably higher pressures than the older .32 Longs.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men".....PLATO

Amendment X:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:05 am 
Single-Sixer

Successfully did so on my last range outing. However, I didn't properly invert the cylinder and use one swift ejector stroke. Thus, had to pick out like 3 of them with my fingernail. There's JUST ENOUGH clearance under the star when you compress the ejector rod, LOL.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:41 pm 
Blackhawk

I carry a revolver most every day on our farm, and often when going into town or the city. From my perspective the .32 H&R is just too light for defensive use.

I have three of them, two Ruger Single Sixes, and a Smith M16...love them for their superb accuracy and as trail guns, but for CC use, I carry a Smith M60 with a 3" bbl., and loaded with the old FBI carry load (~950 fps with a JHP or Hp LSWC). From the 3" bbl. I've chrono'd it at 920 fps...If 5 shots are enough, this load should suffice. YMMv, but IMHO, if choosing a defensive revolver cartridge/load, there are far better choices than the .32 H&R. Rod

Thank a Vet for your freedom of speech, religion, and the RIGHT and DUTY to keep and bear arms. Politicians, preachers, reporters, and community organizer's had nothing to do with it. You want change, then vote the bums out...