Another “want” from Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
k22fan said:
S&W did make one prototype .30 Carbine N frame during WW II. If I recall correctly it was to sell to the Chinese.

The S&W .30 Carbine revolver was made in an attempt to interest the US Army in such a revolver. Maybe at the Army's request. The revolver was essentially a M1917 modified to .30 Carbine. Went over like a lead balloon!

Bob Wright

Pal Val

Buckeye
Fired a Blackhawk .30 Carbine once, the loudest boomer ever. Didn't buy it. You can tell people who shoot one regularly from their favorite word: "What?"

I know this is an old thread, but count me in for DA .30 Carbine from Ruger ;)

On the plus side, you could design a DA revolver to use 'moon clips' (holding 7 or 8 rounds, as hittman noted in the original post). On the minus side, I think most .30 Carbine factory ammo is probably loaded with 'slow' propellants, which might account for some of the muzzle blast reported. And being a little bit older thread, I didn't notice anyone mentioning the .30 Super Carry cartridge - just guessing, but if Ruger were to actually consider producing a DA 30 caliber 'moon clip' revolver, the .30 SC might look like a better marketing option than .30 Carbine.

IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc., etc.