Super Blackhawk .41 Mag?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jason280_2

Single-Sixer
How common are NM Super Blackhawks in .41 Magnum? I came across one on a local board with a 4 5/8" barrel, and what looks to be a "45" SN prefix. I don't think I've ever seen a SBH in .41 Mag, would this have been part of a special run?

contender

Ruger Guru
The Super Blackhawks were primarily for the .44 mags. There were some .41 Mag Hunter models,, but they have a 7-1/2" bbl.

And there have been "mistakes" in markings as well.
I see you are in Ga. There is a .41 mag,, in Ga.,, that is a standard model .41 mag,, but is mistakenly marked "Super Blackhawk." It has a prefix number of 48,,not 45.
I have spoken with the owner of that one directly. It letters as a BN-41.

NitroAcres

Single-Sixer
Glad you posted this question,
I saw it also and would like to own it but $1800 is out of my "Cool Mistake" lane.

He says he has a letter to go with it, no answer on if he has the original box or not.

chet15

Hawkeye
What you have there is a gun that was rollmarked by employee error.
Looks like a standard .41 Blackhawk with its rounded trigger guard and spurless hammer.
So the employee used the rollmark intended for the Super Blackhawk Hunter in .41 Mag.
Cool error! But where there is one, there's more... should be right in that serial number block.
If you have the serial number I would really like to include that info in "The Ruger Reference" which I publish.. You can email me at [email protected]
Thanks!!
Chet15