RUGER AMERICAN PISTOL COMPETITION

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
Did Ruger ever make one of these pistols? Been searching high and low for one and none in stock anywhere. Or is the lack of them another covid supply issue?

AKDRSS said:
This forum has seemed to died. Gave up on the Ruger and purchased a CZ Shadow 2.

Oh, I don't know about dying. I do think a lot of people here like single action revolvers more than semi-autos.

The CZ Shadow 2 is an awesome gun! Congrats! I had a CZ Tactical Sport, but sold it. It was kind of big and heavy....BUT, incredibly accurate. I think I would like the Shadow 2.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
If anything, the American pistol has died. Nobody around here cares about it, the only time you ever see them under the glass is in election season when shops will order anything they can get their hands on.

AKDRSS said:
Did Ruger ever make one of these pistols? Been searching high and low for one and none in stock anywhere. Or is the lack of them another covid supply issue?
I own one and I have owned it since BEFORE it was announced by Ruger, in fact, I had a fellow member here post pictures of it and we had to remove the post per requests from Ruger…they actually emailed the member and asked him to take down the pictures…

I have heard that the factory never issued any more of these but i cannot prove that and haven't given it much thought until a few weeks ago I was at the dealer i purchased it from and he told me that I should be thankful he sold me such a unique gun….

However, it is still on the Ruger website so I believe it is not such a unique gun and eventually will be available, Ruger is just manufacturing their other better selling models and will continue to do so until they catch up with orders in about two years!!

Latest posts