LCP Max Galloway trigger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wfm

Bearcat
I was considering putting in a Galloway trigger in my LCP Max. I would like to have much less take up than the factory trigger. I was curious if anyone had tried one in their LCP, and what their thoughts were.

RUT

Single-Sixer
I installed the Galloway flat faced trigger (red) on my LCP ll, and it did improve the trigger to a great extent. I can't say how it compares to the old trigger as far as "take up" goes percentage wise, but I did it to be an improvement. The break is clean and reset is fairly short as well. The way I look at it, you have nothing to lose.

I purchased one of the Galloway triggers and the hole in it is too small for the pivot pin to even start into it. I e-mailed them for a month to different people at the company after tech wouldn't answer about what to do or offer a return for another. I gave up and put my old trigger back in. Galloway can KMA from now on.

wfm

Bearcat
I went a head and ordered a Galloway trigger for my LCP max. Installation was pretty easy, I just went step by step watching their video. So far I'm happy with it.

rickp5167

Bearcat
I had traded in my LCP Max as the trigger was badly pinching my finger. I like the Glock 42 I traded for but wanted the Max's higher capacity and smaller size for carrying in pocket. I re-bought my Max and ordered the Sigurd trigger. I cant for sure say the takeup is different but I no longer suffer the finger pinch after shooting 50 rounds. Accuracy is consistently within a 6 inch circle at 10 yards shooting fast one handed. I am good with that for defensive purposes. Definitely recommend this trigger.

wfm

Bearcat
The Galloway trigger absolutely made a difference in pinching my finger. I had the original LCP and my biggest complaint was the pinch on top of my finger where trigger goes through frame. I was surprised the LCP Max had the same issue. The Sigurd trigger took care of this. Maybe I just have a fat finger.

Zootallures

Bearcat
I purchased the Sigurd trigger and found it to be too small to fit on the LCP MAX trigger pivot (.10 mm smaller than the stock trigger). Thinking I had received a lemon I notified the manufacturer hoping to get a replacement/refund. Instead I got the comment "As designed... read our disclaimer, some need to be custom fit". Their suggestion was to sand down the trigger pivot. Not wanting to ruin a perfectly good gun to fit a poorly designed trigger, instead I attempted to ream out the trigger. Sadly I sanded out a bit too much and trigger wiggled left to right. Sigurd Trigger now resides in the garbage as does my respect for Galloway Precision. Unless you are lucky enough to get one that fits, are a skilled gunsmith or want to pay Galloway to sand down you trigger pivot (which then limits your ability to return to the stock trigger) I suggest you let this one go... Sad... because I really wanted to like this trigger and resolve the famous "Trigger Pinch" issue.