LCP after-market trigger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

randyr5

Bearcat
To those of you that have installed an after-market trigger in your LCP, did you go with the mcarbo or the Galloway trigger?

leadhead2

Bearcat
Did it help? I have the max 9 and am thinking about the Galloway short stroke trigger.
But I'm leery of any problems from any defense attorney that my say the modified
trigger is illegal if I would be in a shooting.
Denny

RUT

Single-Sixer
I can't say that it reduced the trigger pull appreciably, but it probably took some of the "play" out of the trigger. Plus, I'm a fan of flat faced triggers in general, and it didn't cost all that much. I can't speak to the legality of it all, but if it comes down to a self defense situation that's probably something I'm not going to be too concerned about.

leadhead2

Bearcat
Rut... Did you install it yourself? I just ordered one this morning, and was wondering
if it comes with instructions. I'm sure it does. I've watched the videos on how to
install on the max 9, but he goes really fast. I do repair work on different firearms, so
I don't think I'll have very much trouble.
Denny

leadhead2

Bearcat
Thanks RUT, I think I can handle it. Doesn't look that hard. I hope it Helps me some
as I'm having a hard time shooting this gun and I don't really know way. I think
I'm trying to use it as a target gun which I know it's not, and the creep in the
trigger is throwing my aim off. I'll figure it out. Thanks.
Denny

leadhead2

Bearcat
I installed it this afternoon.... It did not come with instructions.
I e-mailed Galloway and they said they don't send printed
instructions, but watch the u tube video to see how to do it. I
watched it a couple 3 times and had at it. Piece of cake. The
creeps still there and I'll deal with it latter.
Denny

leadhead2

Bearcat
Well, I removed the sear from the gun to smooth the sear and now
I can't get it back together. Anyone have a easy way to do it?
Appreciate any help.
Denny

I find it insane to want to actually lighten the LCPll trigger. I see where they actually will lighten it sometimes down to less than 3lbs of pull. Scary stuff. Sure wish Ruger would go back to the Sweet DAO of the GEN2

leadhead2

Bearcat
I t wasn't the LCPll. It's the Max 9. I wasn't trying to lighten it, just trying to
get the horrible creep out of it.
Denny

davevabch said:
I find it insane to want to actually lighten the LCPll trigger. I see where they actually will lighten it sometimes down to less than 3lbs of pull. Scary stuff. Sure wish Ruger would go back to the Sweet DAO of the GEN2
Thank you for being concerned as to my mental state. Well, I guess that I am insane as it made my trigger much smoother. It doesn't go "bang" till I place my finger on it and squeeze. If my finger is actually "ON" the trigger my intent is to fire the gun. A 2.5 lb squeeze is better than a 5.