LCP Gen1/Gen2 question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

recumbent

Buckeye
Go to Ruger.com and download the manual for each one. In the manual there is an exploded view of all the parts. Print the exploded view for each one and compare the two.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
There has to be some variation, hence the Gen 1and Gen 2.

On Gen 2s the hammer is more pre cocked.

leadhead2

Bearcat
The Gen ll also has the magazine hold open after the last round is fired.
I also has a better trigger than the Gen 1. I've had them both.
Denny

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
leadhead2 said:
The Gen ll also has the magazine hold open after the last round is fired.
I also has a better trigger than the Gen 1. I've had them both.
Denny
I believe he was talking about the Gen 2 not the LCP II the Gen 2 was made available around 2013 as the custom then also did the same internal changes with the regular LCP which gave it some bigger sites while still small and a better trigger but still didn't have the slide lock on the last round

louchia

Single-Sixer
If you compare the 2 guns after fully pulling back the slide, you will see the hammer on the Gen 1 is in the 1/2 cock position. On the gen 2, the hammer is fully cocked and all the way to the rear.
I believe there is an extra notch on the seer of the 2. If the gun is dropped and the hammer moves, the extra notch will catch the hammer. This is a drop safety.

NikA

Buckeye
According to the manual, you can buy the plastic frame but most likely not the metal insert that is serialized.

How did you come to have an LCP that needed a replacement serialized part? Have you requested warranty service?

Latest posts