Ruger Max-9 . . . MERGED THREADS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
And they beat S&W to the punch too! They are likely to announce their Shield Plus tonight.

I like the specs and price on the Ruger Max-9.

mjh

Single-Sixer
Looks good on paper, but finding anything Ruger makes that I'm interested in at a local vendor is pretty hard these days, oh and I check about once a month. Not going the auction site route right now. I'd rather handle something new before buying it. Same goes for the other manufactures. Out of Stock is a pretty popular availability these days.

mac66

Single-Sixer
I'm in if you ever will be able to find one. Maybe in a year or two

mac66

Single-Sixer

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Im not impressed with Ruger's habit of constantly discontinuing popular guns. Just when the SR series hit its stride they threw it overboard. The LC9S vanished for a long time and now is back all of a sudden. I wish they would stick with a gun and just refine it instead of starting from scratch every 5 years or so.

hittman

Staff member
Offering "new" stuff is apparently what keeps people coming back and stirs interest.

If a gun were really that popular they would simply improve/change it and not scrap the whole process for new/improved.

Yeah the P series were tanks and workhorses but other brands quickly passed them up. Same with other lines that followed I'd suspect.

I may be the exception and not the rule but after having P series for a few years, I moved to things like the CZ75 and Sig P220 and Glock 22. Sold the P series guns at that time and never looked back.

hittman said:
djw54 said:
Ruger comes out with its P365 variant.

Or a Glock 43 variant.

No doubt they'll sell once anybody can get them.

Right now anything sells that's available. I think Ruger wised up when they saw how many Taurus G2c's that are being sold. They needed an EC9s or LC9s that held more rounds. 7+1 is short on what people are looking for.

hpman66

Hunter
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uXeLplv2r1Q
Ruger MAX-9: It's the Cheapest, But is it Good?
TFB TV
Published on Mar 28, 2021

Armybrat

Buckeye
ncvikingfan said:
Why they completely ditched the SR 9, SR 40, & SR 45, I will never understand.
I was happy to buy two new SR9 pistols in late 2019 at giveaway prices. ($300 & $250).

Now I'm tempted to buy a Max-9 for MSRP at my LGS.

Latest posts