RUGER P89 QUESTION

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dbuffington1

Bearcat
Does someone make a really nice magazine base plate cap for the Ruger P89 15 shot clip. One that your pinky can go around. I have a really nice one that is aftermarket for my CZ-75 made out of polished aluminum. If any one has one or two that they would like to sell. I would be interested also. I'am fairly new to the forum but I just bought a P89x from a member and I know I will have quite a few questions. Thanks

roylt

Hunter
The 89 model has not been made for a long time. I'm not 100% sure what you are looking for but there are very few accessories out there. Here or maybe ebay is about it.

Keep the P-guns alive!!

P94/GP100

Single-Sixer
Newer P89 magazines come with larger polymer basepad. I'm pretty sure they're easily available at the Shop Ruger site.

The appearances of the P85/P89s are a bit deceptive; the ergos, particularly on the mid-to-late production cycle P89s with their redesigned safety/decocker levers are actually quite good.

Best, Jon

trebor44

Blackhawk
Idaho, East of Boisemento, or is it Boisangelos
The base plates from the Sig P series mags fit, but they do NOT lock in. However, I did purchase some Beretta 92 rubber bumper ones that did fit and did lock in. Originally bought them for the Sig mags but they worked on the P89. To use the Sig base plates you would have to mod the P89 mag well. Shaving down the base plates would not be a good idea since they are polymer.

gollum

Bearcat
Since I don't have long elegant "piano-player" fingers, the combination of the Double-Stack Magazine and a crappily shaped trigger makes the P89 uncomfortable for many people. The absolute best cure is to swap a P95 trigger into a P89. The P95 Trigger is waaaaay more curved, and breaks right at the very back of the trigger housing. PERFECT! There are several places for instructions on the process. The triggers are identical except the P89 trigger has a slot machined on the top so the barrel lug can pass through back and forth. All you do for the swap is dremel that slot in the P95 Trigger, and its a drop-in! Hope this helps. It worked for me!

Latest posts