Lost my P89x...... for 3 days.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

So, I had a P89x that I had converted to decock only with a stainless steel slide in my work van for about 5 years.

Two weeks ago I needed to do a modification in the front to allow for my new truck rifle and pretty much pulled all the stuff I have in the cab out and did a good cleaning, which meant taking the P89 in the house. I left in on my man's space bar for a day or two... got the van back in order and since the rifle went in and is in 357 Sig caliber I put a Sig P239 in the same caliber back in the hidden holster temporarily that I had the P89 in. (Now have a Glock 32c with a guide rod laser in it)

Last Sunday I was doing some inventory of guns and rearranging in the semi-auto pistol cabinet and went to put that P89 in the cabinet... could not find it .. looked all around ... really was not super worried ... I figured I just put it somewhere out of sight and it would show up eventually. but it did kind of naw on me at times... Well, along about Thursday I looked on the shelf over the bar... where I would swear I'd looked first thing.... there was the pistol.. sitting nice and happy with its magazine laying right beside it.

Oh, last night I found the vest I've been looking around for for the last two weeks... hanging in my closet.

I really think it is aliens .....

first time I knew this was when the swiss army knife I forgot to pack in my suitcase I put in its outside pocket just before checking it at the airport... when I got home the pocket had been unzipped and the knife was gone.... I complained about it here (they are watching) and I absolute know I checked the pocket several time... 3 month later I pulled the suit case out and the damn knife is in that pocket!

9x19

Hunter
My best/worst one was blaming my boys for losing a socket, only to find it nearly a year later, still on the last nut I'd tightened on the bunk beds. :mrgreen:

I "lost" a 12" Crescent wrench last winter. Blamed it on "the boys" not putting it back on the wrench hook where it's supposed to be. Three days ago I found it on my basement workbench where I'd had it in February removing a stubborn AR15 barrel nut.
The laying of blame was not totally unfounded. Saturday afternoon we spent 5 minutes looking for some heat shrink wire insulation w/o finding it although we'd just had it in hand a few minutes prior. Gave up and got another piece from the tool bag. Ten minutes later Grandson found the first piece where he'd jammed it into his jeans pocket.
Alien influence is my excuse.

Once, long ago, I had done some work under my old Ford, and a few days later realized I could not find the 6" extension for my 3/8" ratchet drive. Looked everywhere. Couldn't find it.

A couple of years later I was once again under the Ford for some reason or another and happened to grab one of the frame rails to reposition myself and felt something loose lying on the bottom flange of the frame rail, sorta tucked back behind the brake line . . . yup, my 6" extension. It had ridden there all that time for many miles and was quite rusty, but I cleaned it up and it has remained in the tool box ever since.

You need to hang on to that one... it for sure has been for a ride. I once drove home with my industrial flash light sitting on the roof of my van... 6" from the back... for 30 minutes.... still to this day can't figure out how it stayed up there.

Latest posts