EC9S trigger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
Been out of commission for awhile so maybe this has been addressed but shot my EC9S the other day and the trigger bite is real. Solution? Advise? I shoot Glocks all the time and no trigger bite at all, same with my Bersa .

hittman

Staff member
ftlupton said:
Solution?

Glock 43.

Mine came back from Ruger saying there was nothing wrong with it.
Man there I spoke with by phone told me I'll get used to it or should adjust my grip.

That was my final straw with their LC Series of pistols.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
hittman said:
ftlupton said:
Solution?

Glock 43.

Man there I spoke with by phone told me I'll get used to it or should adjust my grip.

Agreed. If a gun just doesn't work for you, why waste your life trying to make it work? Too many other good choices out there. Thats what I came to conclude about Kahr pistols, after owning a couple of them. Very nice guns and well made, but they just don't work for me so I moved on.

hittman said:
ftlupton said:
Solution?

Glock 43.

Ruger was 100% correct. I have owned a number of the LC series to include the original. The small thin gun does have a learning curve and you will get use to it. It is NOT the guns fault. I get trigger bite from a Glock. the trigger guard is so low. I have seen many post about the issue and some even grinding the trigger guard down. In order for me to shoot a Glock, which I do not like at all, I would have to get use to it. But not the Guns fault.
Here is a pic of of the Glock trigger and the next of a pic of my finger after shooting a Glock 43 during a Test shoot out comparing other guns at my club. . I can shoot any Ruger with no problems, Glocks no way. Every gun is like buying a pair of shoes. One size does not fit all. And contrary to the internet. Glocks are NOT for every one nor the perfect firearm.

i72BwdW.jpg

skcFhfw.jpg

StanD

Bearcat
I wish I could figure out the right way to grip my EC9s. I really eats my finger and I have tried many different ways to hold it. It's a great carry pistol but for me it is terrible to shoot. I'm not new at this either. I've been shooting something or other for over 70 years but I just cant get the EC9s to work for me. I sent it back for FTE and told them about the trigger but I guess it is what it is and anything over 30 or 40 rounds and I can expect a blister. Oh well, I've had worse.
Stan

leadhead2

Bearcat
If you install a Galloway short stroke trigger and are in a shooting, will the aftermarket
cause you problems with some defense attorney. I'd like to buy one for my Ruger max
9, but am a little leery to buy it. I don't need any more problems. What do you think?
Denny

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
leadhead2 said:
If you install a Galloway short stroke trigger and are in a shooting, will the aftermarket
cause you problems with some defense attorney. I'd like to buy one for my Ruger max
9, but am a little leery to buy it. I don't need any more problems. What do you think?
Denny

As long as you are in the right, you shouldn't have any problems. Now if your modifications create an unsafe pistol, that could be an issue.

leadhead2

Bearcat
I don't think it would make for an unsafe pistol. I emailed Galloway with the same
question and they responded that I should contact my DA for any clarification .
I guess they don't want to say one way or the other. Kind of got me to reconsider.
Denny

mac66

Single-Sixer
leadhead2 said:
I don't think it would make for an unsafe pistol. I emailed Galloway with the same
question and they responded that I should contact my DA for any clarification .
I guess they don't want to say one way or the other. Kind of got me to reconsider.
Denny

You will be judged on the circumstances involved in the case and your actions, not on the tools you used. Unless, of course if the tool was unsafe and caused the circumstances.