Call me stupid, but....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

5of7

Hunter
I like .32 Cal guns a lot. They are easy to shoot, cute and effective (albeit marginally). So what I am getting at is I would like Ruger to make an LCP in .32 auto. There are loads produced that increase the performance of the .32 Auto significantly. https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=31
Whaddya think?

loaded round

Hunter
I have a Seecamp SWC-32 in 32 ACP that I carry in shorts and T-shirt weather since it's the only pistol I can conceal readily in that attire. So I guess I'm in your club.

5of7

Hunter
loaded round said:
I have a Seecamp SWC-32 in 32 ACP that I carry in shorts and T-shirt weather since it's the only pistol I can conceal readily in that attire. So I guess I'm in your club.

It is a beautiful little pistol. I have only seen one and was impressed. A bit pricey, but what the Hell....

Old RugerFan

Bearcat
NOT stupid!

About a year ago I bought a Beretta Tomcat because a) I didn't have a Beretta, and b) I just thought the .32 ACP was cool little cartridge and the Tomcat a great platform for it. For some strange reason that combination just called to me. So, yeah, I'd probably buy an LCP in .32.

5of7

Hunter
Old RugerFan said:
NOT stupid!

About a year ago I bought a Beretta Tomcat because a) I didn't have a Beretta, and b) I just thought the .32 ACP was cool little cartridge and the Tomcat a great platform for it. For some strange reason that combination just called to me. So, yeah, I'd probably buy an LCP in .32.

I know the Beretta model you are talking about. The one where the barrel tips up. I have 2 of them, one in .25 Auto and another in .22 short. Whenever my wife feels uneasy she slips the little .25 in her pocket. It's her little comfort maker.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I'd be interested in a Ruger 32. I don't own any 32 caliber pistols yet but would definitely consider one.

planetcat

Single-Sixer
Not that this means anything, but I thought I read somewhere that the original Walther ppk used by Sean Connery as James Bond was in .32 acp, not .380 acp, the more common model in the U.S. I guess it was quite popular in Europe back in the day. I wouldn't mind having a nice compact pistol in that caliber. My lcr in .327 federal shoots great and no slouch.

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
I was going to call you stupid just to be an "intelligent donkey" :D, but I do love my .32 handguns, so no, you ain't stupid. I once had a Colt 1903, but foolishly traded it off. :(

Yes, Bond, James Bond, carried a .32 PPK. The .32 ACP was once a very common police sidearm in Europe. A bunch of .32 Walther PPs were imported in the '80s, but I never bought one. :( :(

Ordguy

Single-Sixer
FWIW a few years ago I used the Ask the CEO link on the Ruger website asking if there were plans to offer the LCP pistol chambered in the .32acp. The reply I received stated No because the .32acp is not a viable defense round.

Oh Well; bought a Beretta Tomcat which lasted till just past the warranty and the frame cracked. Beretta talked me into buying (warranty expired, they won't fix/repair, or replace) the newer Wide Body Tomcat. Just under 2400 rounds and expired warranty later the trigger mechanism broke. Beretta said sorry.

Always wanted to find a Colt in .32acp that I can afford.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Ordguy, I recently bought a Beretta APX brand new. Nice gun, but from the beginning was shooting 2" low no matter what ammo I used. Sent it back to Beretta. They test fired it and said the gun was "within specifications", however the test target showed that it was shooting low for them too! They sent it back without anything being done to it, I would think they could have at least put a taller rear or lower front sight on just to humor me. You know, since I told them it was shooting low and their own target proved it.

My first polymer gun was a Kel-Tec P32. It was an upgrade from my Bauer 25acp. Since then I moved on to the Kel-Tec P380, LCP and finally the LCPII. I see no reason for me to have a .32 when the LCPII is the same size with more punch, but to each his own.

langenc

Single-Sixer
There was a time when I hjad a 32 H&R. I traded it for something.

I also wanted a 327 when they were first announced but the gun writers killed that one.
they wrote it up, how great etc... None were available for many moons and by the time
they were in the gun cases, most had forgotten about them.

I also wanted a 1911-22 but that was not available till 2012 or more. Never got that either.

VictorLouis

Single-Sixer
Not at all stupid. As I get older, I appreciate guns/cartridges with less recoil, easier shooting manners. The Seecamp is an interesting duck. It's heavy enough, to keep it just controllable enough for repeat shots. But, there's just a handful of JHP ammo out there that will work in it.

5of7

Hunter
Do you suppose that a conversion kit could be made for the lcp 2.?

EDIT
I did send an email to Twisted Industries asking if they planned to make a conversion kit for the LCPII, since the OAL of the .32 and the OAL of .22 LR is very close to the same, but they said that it was not on their agenda. Oh well.... 8)