Need Some Help On SR9 Value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
On Gunbroker they are selling anywhere from $300 to over $550.

There is hardly any logic to current day prices.

Is the magazine release D shaped or O shaped? O indicates the oldest model made prior to the recall and they have worse triggers and if not sent in for the recall may not be drop safe. D shape means you're good to go.

AJGUNNER said:
I friend recently inherited one of these that his father in law bought new in 2008. Receipt shows he paid $419. It has seen less than one box of ammo---classic nightstand gun. Let me know what you think it is worth.

Before the latest shortage, this would be a sub-$300 gun, and it would take some time to sell it even at that price.

Now that everything is in short supply, folks are more accepting of guns that they would not have considered in the past. As you know, transfers and background checks add $30, so if you include a box of ammo, I'd hope it would sell for $350.

On NWFA, I would ask somewhat more, and come down incrementally in price, until you get a hit.

Mike J

Hunter
If I wanted to place a value on it I would look at completed auctions on Gunbroker.

Armybrat

Buckeye
I bought a brand new SR9 from Sportsmans Warehouse in December for $250 plus shipping. It was a closeout sale I think. The first SR9 I bought in 2008 cost me $430.
They have been highly underrated pistols, IMO.
But the current situation, do as the above poster suggested.

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer
I purchased one as a close out item. Last one that the dealer had. I suppose that it was the one in the showcase model. Probably handled a lot.

$202.00 I figured for that money I would send it back to Ruger to be checked. I called Ruger and explained that it was the last one that the shop had and I would like to get it checked out since it had probably been dry fired a lot. Sent me a shipping label.

A gentleman called me and explained that it was in good shape but they had modified it to any upgrade parts that the SR9 model pistol had received during the lifespan of the model.

No charge. Ruger service is great in my dealings with them. YMMV. Best pistol value purchase I have ever made.