Ruger P345 45 ACP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Nakanokalronin

Single-Sixer
I still really like mine. I've carried it from time to time as well.

xE02jpG.jpg

rman

Bearcat
I still have one and still shoot it. Good gun - reliable & accurate. I have a StreamLite on mine and it is my night stand gun.

scubadad

Bearcat
I found a lnib ssp345 a few months ago. I did not "clean" the rear sight I removed the mag safety :D Also put in a heavier recoil spring and extra power mag springs from wolff. Have a 19# hammer spring on the way.

Stock it was a good gun but a few bucks for springs will turn it into a great gun. It is my night stand gun so I trust it.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
I had one. Never had a FTFire/FTFeed/FTE.... was totally reliable from the day I got till the day I let it go. I only let it go because I wanted an SR1911. The guy I sold it to totally loves it. It shot like a lazer for me. I never touched the sights.... they were dead on at 20 yards.

loaded round

Hunter
Did you ever remove the magazine safety? The parts are under the rear sight. That's what caused the FTF sometimes if the slide wasn't reinstalled properly while the mag safety was present.

gb6491

Single-Sixer
Foothills of the Gila Mountains, SW Arizona.
loaded round said:
Did you ever remove the magazine safety? The parts are under the rear sight. That's what caused the FTF sometimes if the slide wasn't reinstalled properly while the mag safety was present.
I'm pretty sure that the issue is without a magazine in place, dry firing will cause the firing pin to hit the "flag" of the magazine disconnect. Either or both parts might deform which could result in failure to fire stoppages.
mdc-copy.jpg

Regards,
Greg

scubadad

Bearcat
Got the 19lb hammer spring installed and so far have 300 rounds thru it with zero issues. This is becoming one of my favorite hand guns

Yep, still shoot mine and it stays in the nightstand drawer. I had an issue with it right after I bought it. Sent it to Ruger and they fixed the problem and put in a new barrel. A couple thousand rounds through it with no problems.

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Seems to be lots on the plus side for the P345. My favorite was always was the KP90DC. Never a problem with it, but my hands have gotten so bad I could no longer rack the slide. Traded it to my son and now he has all of our "P Series". I wound up with his Smith 2.0 45acp as I can work the slide better. Gun for gun, I think Junior got the better deal!!

loaded round

Hunter
Just had an outdoor range session with my P345 Friday morning and it gobbled up 100 rounds of my 200 gr LSWC loads w/o a hitch. Still love this pistol!

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
My p345 was the most accurate 45 I have ever fired. Problem was when I wanted to trade it on a smaller handgun each store I went in turned me down; they didn't want it. It was an excellent gun but I wanted to keep only one caliber so it had to go.