help identifying an old standard pistol

This Section is dedicated to the 10/22, 77/22,96/22 Rifles and MK IIs, Bearcats, Single Sixes, and other Ruger .22 handguns

Moderator: Moderators

ned
Single-Sixer

help identifying an old standard pistol

Post by ned »

I have an old standard pistol. I cannot find the serial number on the Ruger web site. it has no prefix, serial number is 146129. any clues?
Ned
ned
Single-Sixer

Re: help identifying an old standard pistol

Post by ned »

Sorry folks, I clicked on the "approximate by year serial number" and found they did not have prefixes in early 1950 so that puts this in the mid-late fifties...
hittman

Post by hittman »

Go to our Collecting Section and see the top announcement. A link is posted in that thread to all the older Rugers made pre-computerized records.
ned
Single-Sixer

Post by ned »

thank you....
ned
Single-Sixer

Post by ned »

By the way, for your amusement, the rest of the story….the gun was sold to me by a friend short on cash….I don’t want it…I’ve got a safe queen Standard, and several Mark II. The standard he sold me was very rough, little blue left and serious pitting. He said his mother bought it new but it must have been a fishing tackle box gun. I guessed it had so little value that it couldn’t get worse if I sent it back to Ruger for service and re-blue, something I normally would not do…at least the Re blue….things are only original once.
When I get it back I will give it back to him and suggest he take better care of it and pass it on to his son. Any gun your mother bought should stay in the family. I’m getting a lot of joy out of this project - out of proportion to the $200 the gun is worth. More than one way to enjoy a Ruger.
rock 22
Single-Sixer

Post by rock 22 »

Pre fix std.models started in 1969 with the prefix being 10.