Ruger LCP Max vs ruger lcp

Help Support Ruger Forum:

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
I been carrying a LCP for the last seven years since I retired. I also have a Sig P365 that I carry sometimes depending on how I'm dressed most of the times I'm in shorts and t-shirt so the LCP get carried most of the time as it works better in the pockets the sig fit in the pocket but seems to bang around to much. I looked at the LCP Max the other day and thinking it could give me the fire power of the sig and the ease of carrying as the LCP. If anyone owns both how do they compare with each other with pocket carry and felt recoil?

mac66

Single-Sixer
I have an LCP, don't have a Max version but I do EDC a Ruger LC9s which is considerably bigger than the LCP Max.

In comparison to the LCP the max is bigger but still a very small gun. From what I've heard it is much easier to shoot due to it's better trigger, better sights and longer grip. The weight of the added rounds adds heft. I think it would be my choice for a pocket 380.

Here's a comparison (courtesy of handgunhero.com)

mac66

Single-Sixer
Here's the comparison between the LCP Max and the 365. It is smaller and lighter across the board.

I am going to call Ruger on the LCP MAX length! Taint so McGee! I had an LCP Gen 1 that fit into a plastic clamshell lockable tote along with an extra magazine. According to the above chart the Max length is .01 longer. The max won't even come close to fitting in this tote! Only by removing the magazine can I get it in.
gramps

gramps said:
I am going to call Ruger on the LCP MAX length! Taint so McGee! I had an LCP Gen 1 that fit into a plastic clamshell lockable tote along with an extra magazine. According to the above chart the Max length is .01 longer. The max won't even come close to fitting in this tote! Only by removing the magazine can I get it in.
gramps

the height is almost a 1/2" longer - that seems to be your issue if the mag removal solves your problem, NOT the length.

NH Rugerman said:
gramps said:
gramps

the height is almost a 1/2" longer - that seems to be your issue if the mag removal solves your problem, NOT the length.
Ooops! I am not good with stuff like that. Thanks for correcting!
gramps

Latest posts