LCP II problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have a problem with my LCP II. It groups fine except about 8" left of point of aim. If I align the top rear right side of the sight with the top of the front sight I can hit where I aim. Any thoughts or how to correct this little problem. I realize this isn't a "target" pistol but figure it should hit somewhere near point of aim.
I might add that I used four different brands of ammo with the same results

hittman

Staff member
A trip to the mother ship seems in order.

Or, trade it off for something different.

NikA said:
Distance? 8" off at 7' is a lot different from 8" off at 50'.
8" off at 5 yds. Was shooting the triple 5 drill. Five shots, five seconds, five yards. Had two five inch circles targets. Aim point was center of right target. Hits were all in the center of the left target. At 50 ' I doubt that I would have been on paper.

NikA said:
Right handed? Not to impugn your shooting skills but pocket pistols can be finicky with respect to grip. I wonder if it'd be off if shot from a rested position.
I was shooting from a rest. After the first magazine was so far off I figured my old eyes were giving up so I then used a rest from then on. I also shot with a two hand hold. Gonna take it down and see if I see anything obvious. A laser might be the answer. Just adjust the laser to point of impact. Not really looking for a MOA but rather "minute of body" if the need arises (hopefully never).

DIL's Glock 43X was hitting consistently 5-6"(occasionally 8-12") left (@15 yards) when she shot it. Was pretty well centered but 3-4" high when I shot it. She was obviously(visibly) "pushing" it as the trigger broke. This was shooting with hands solidly supported by sandbags--no way to directly support such a small gun.