Names of who got what subscription guns?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Terry T

Buckeye
Has anyone put together a list of Ruger 'subscription' guns by ser. no. and who they went to?
I've picked up one and am looking at another. Wondering if what's being said about the gun is true. :shock:
Ser. no. 13 went to Jim Carmichel, Ed. 'Outdoor Life'
Thanks, Terry T.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Try a search as I'm pretty sure this was listed, a few years back. I was told #73's were earmarked for the bigwig at Marlin. The Trap Model he didn't get. ;)

JCW64

Single-Sixer
I think Connecticut Shotgun Co. has been selling Jim Carmichael's collection for years and still have a few offered.

https://connecticutshotgun.co/ruger-2/

Since Ruger now states where the gun was shipped in their factory letter, they may be able to confirm as well.

contender

Ruger Guru
Some numbers wound up being assigned to different people. When someone had a number, and gave it up, (such as passing away or whatever,) it got re-assigned.

chet15

Hawkeye
contender said:
Some numbers wound up being assigned to different people. When someone had a number, and gave it up, (such as passing away or whatever,) it got re-assigned.

Right.
And sometimes a gun got shipped to somebody else by mistake. That happened quite a bit actually.
We never did receive our #23 Vaquero. Asked the factory what happened to it and they said it was scrapped.
Well, a couple decades later with Ruger's serial number lookup page I find that 55-00023 was actually shipped.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
Terry T said:
Has anyone put together a list of Ruger 'subscription' guns by ser. no. and who they went to?
I've picked up one and am looking at another. Wondering if what's being said about the gun is true. :shock:
Ser. no. 13 went to Jim Carmichel, Ed. 'Outdoor Life'
Thanks, Terry T.

The 13's weren't Carmichel's originally though. Without my notes, I think that was Warren Page originally.
Chet15

rmc25

Single-Sixer
Back in the 80s I dealt with a small gun shop in Annandale, VA. I've long forgotten his name but always addressed the owner as Colonel. He was one of the original Ruger subscribers. There was a special wooden carved gun case in the back of the store where he displayed part of his collection. The wood on the long guns was the best I have ever seen. I would spend time looking at those guns every time I went in the shop. I bought all four my 357 and 44mag Redhawks from him. When he died the kids divided up the collection. One son kept the shop open for over a year but eventually closed up. The Colonel had real works of art.

Latest posts