Info #7 Ruger Collection

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Does anyone here have any info on any of the #7 guns i ran into a guy that claims to have some of the #7 guns i tried to interest him in selling them but he said he wasn't ready to sell them he wouldn't tell me which ones he had so i left my phone # with him but in the back of my mind maybe he was full of BS any info would be appreciated here or PM

Gramps

Coogs

Maximum
Some of those guns are already in collectors hands other than the original owner who worked at Savage. Who knows when it was broken up.....or were just some pieces sold? Just let me know where the Max is.......I'd like to have it! :D :D :D

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
HAWKEYE#28 said:
Originally Harry Knode, Savage firearms Engineer and Designer.........

Except his name was Jack, eh? Actually his name was Oliver, but he went by Jack.

1XCUPCd.jpg

He was a good friend of WBR. That copycat of the Robbed From Bill Ruger lighter was found in WBR's desk drawer in Southport after he died.

On #7 guns, I recall that RF user "41 Nut", Richard Wilmot (deceased) had the .41 Mag and then I believe he later added the #7 .357 flattop but I may be wrong about the flattop. I heard Richard's son sold some of the collection but no idea which/all. I think his son joined the forum for a while and made a few posts about the collection, but that was some years ago.

weaselmeatgravy said:
HAWKEYE#28 said:
Originally Harry Knode, Savage firearms Engineer and Designer.........

On #7 guns, I recall that RF user "41 Nut", Richard Wilmot (deceased) had the .41 Mag and then I believe he later added the #7 .357 flattop but I may be wrong about the flattop. I heard Richard's son sold some of the collection but no idea which/all. I think his son joined the forum for a while and made a few posts about the collection, but that was some years ago.

41 nut son last posted in April of 2019. :)

As I recall Richard had all his 41s for sale at Harrisburg i was interested in buying a bunch of two digit guns there but no single digit guns I think Radical Rod bought a consecutive pair

Gramps

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I believe Richard's son sold some but still has a bunch of I guess what I'd call the. "nicer" ones. Talked with him a yr or so ago about them but can' recall specifics.

chet15

Hawkeye
I think the #7 .357 flattop resides in Ohio.
The #7 auto resides in Texas... but it was shipped before the Low serial number program was begun.
Chet15