Shipping an OM box

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunzo

Buckeye
Is there a trick way to ship a box? I have an OM Single Six box I should sell.

Most will fit in a med. flat rate USPS box, but to me that seems a bit excessive @ appox. 17 bucks for a 5 ounce package.
Yet I know better than to wrap it & send it.

contender

Ruger Guru
To me,, a lot depends upon the value of the OM box. If it's a $100 box (or more) the extra to use the convenient FR boxes is fine.

But,, if you can find a different box to ship it in,, the weight will be a non-issue,, but the size may make a difference.
I often take questionable packages, filled, but not sealed, to my PO to have them check the cost of shipping before I quote a price for it all.
Example;
I just had a guy on another Forum buy a few smaller items,, & one other item that would not fit in a SM FR box,, but was too small for a medium FR box. Yet,, it was also kinda heavy. My PM weighed it, AND measured the box I was using. It went down from $15.50 for a Med FR box, to $12.80 for my odd box. Saved the guy a few bucks.

So, if expense is an issue,, find a different box to ship it in,,, but try & find one that will not be too much bigger than the OM box. (PS; If you save them, the WW shipper for a case of primers,, can be folded open, reversed, and a LOT of different Ruger OM boxes fit inside the plain brown (now) box. I use them to store my OM boxes,, and they are almost identical as the OM shipping boxes from that era.)

gunzo

Buckeye
Thanks TY, just an OM, late single six. Worth something I guess, but shipping eats up a lot of value IMO.

Trying to thin the clutter here, just tough to get started.

Fox Mike, PM answered.

Latest posts