1957 Single six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I saw a mint condition(Unfired?) 3 screw Single six at a gun show today, Not a mark on it, The down side was it had the transfer bar update in it.The Ser# puts it at 1957, Asking price is $500.00,He doesn't have the original parts, box or paperwork.What do Y'all think about the asking price and what would you offer for it as is?

mike722

Buckeye
If it's original finish, that sounds pretty close..but with a transfer bar installed, and mint, there is a chance it has been refinished as well, which would bump that 500 down a bit.

Johnnu2

Hunter
offer $350 and give $400 IMHO (who hasn't been shopping in well over a year..........)

J.

hittman

Staff member
Single Six's ~ even old ones ~ aren't hard to find and only expensive if its a total mint package. (Obviously things like 2 or 3 digit guns are the exception!)

If you don't care about it being safety converted, that's one thing. But for some of us the conversion ruined it .... making it a $200 to $250 shooter.

I looked the gun over and if it was reblued they did an outstanding job.I saw no signs of dished screw holes or the flats being dished and the lettering felt slightly proud so I would think it was original. He wouldn't come down from the price so I passed.I have a set of original parts for it, so that wouldn't be a problem. I don't like the conversions feel, much prefer the factory. No box or paperwork so not worth the asking price to me. Thanks for the advice.

Latest posts