ROCS or RCA?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

twriggen

Single-Sixer
I'm not sure if I'm opening up a can of worms with this question but I honestly don't know anything about either group. I've been collecting, or hording to use my wife's words, for quite a few years but other than adding lots of books and subscribing to RENE I have not joined any Collector's Group.

Any constructive thoughts or opinions?

Thanks,

hittman

Staff member
ROCS for me. And you do NOT have to join (pay money) to view their forum.

contender

Ruger Guru
ROCS by far in my opinion.
I was a member of the RCA for many years,, and while the MEMBERS were super good, I felt the ownership & management wasn't doing as it promised.
I had a few discussions with them directly and still things weren't resolved.
Basically, I felt that they promised (4) Journals annually,, and if you look at the actual publication, there are several issues that were never produced. Plus,, they often "combined" issues into one Journal. If I join, I expect the owners, or whomever is in charge to abide by their promises.

It was a major part of the discussion between many of us who are Founding Members of ROCS to assure that we did as we promised.
And ROCS hasn't failed in it's mission statement yet.
Add in the top-notch Quarterly publication, in full color, & top quality printing, etc,, makes it a pleasure to receive. And adding in the Special Edition guns they have had built for members who wanted something special, it's a throw-back to the early days of the RCA.

Now,, MANY members of ROCS are also still members of the RCA. And it's the heart of any collecting organization to have active membership. And while some have chosen to be members of one or the other,, it's a matter of preference.
It's MY,, repeat,,,,,,,,, MY personal preference to endorse the ROCS whole-heartily!

twriggen

Single-Sixer
I remembered some years back there had been a lot of conversation revolving the issue but at the time I had let it go in one ear and out the other. I could not remember the "preferred" option but from the responses I have my answer.

Thanks for the responses.