Seeking Info On These

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lovemydals

Buckeye
Fellow Ruger Collectors,

I recently rediscovered these in my stash of Ruger memorabilia & I do not remember the when, where & how much particulars. Does anyone know the history of these rugs? The measurements are 36" x 22". There is no identifying info on the back. Hoping someone in the Ruger collecting circles can enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

lmd

the old "hook rugs" were a 'thing' back in the day, even saw them as a "Kit" for sale, the rug base all marked and the yarn to hook YOURSELF...I always thought that Chief AJ's was having them "hooked" at the old "white barn'....or his buddy Roger Dorsett was having them made up somewhere in mid America...ah yes ,more "ruger lore"....
we got them here too and have for more than 30 years.. 8) :wink:

oh and there are round ones too............ :roll:

lovemydals

Buckeye
Update;

Thanks to Shawn Lee's outstanding memory lead me to Rick Verzal. Rick was able to research his photo archives & found two photos from the 2009 Washington Arms Collectors Ruger Mania display show. In the photos are two of my displays & the rugs are shown. Thanks to T.A. Workman, I was able to determine I bought them from a Ruger Forum member. With this info, hopefully I will be able to determine when, who & how much I paid. Stay tuned.

lmd

twriggen

Single-Sixer
Update;

Thanks to Shawn Lee's outstanding memory lead me to Rick Verzal. Rick was able to research his photo archives & found two photos from the 2009 Washington Arms Collectors Ruger Mania display show. In the photos are two of my displays & the rugs are shown. Thanks to T.A. Workman, I was able to determine I bought them from a Ruger Forum member. With this info, hopefully I will be able to determine when, who & how much I paid. Stay tuned.

lmd

Any chance you got them from Jim TenEyck out of Idaho Falls? I was visiting with his widow tonight and she mentioned she used to make them for Jim for his display.

as I had said above anyone could buy the 'kit' and do the hook rugging themselves I saw them many years ago at Monroeville PA Ruger theme shows and I do believe it was either Roger Dorsett or even BIll Hall they made and did that "folksy" kinda things, better yet the Chief, AJ , could have had his fingers on this too......:unsure:(y)