Question on Value of Rare Ruger Magazine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I purchased an entire employee memorabilia collection today from an Newport employee who retired just before the "SR" was changed to "R" for the employee gifts, etc.

One item that intrigued me as being very rare and in which i had never seen before was NOT an item of memorabilia per say, nor was it an employee gift...it is a five round magazine for the RUGER XGI...

Has anyone seen one of these and if so, has anyone sold/purchased or know of the selling price....I value it highly, i just wonder if others value it as much as i do.

thanks for any insight or input.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Nothing helpful on the XGI mag but what else ya get in this purchase? I check periodically in the various sources for people selling in that area and never find anything I need or reasonably priced.

krw

Blackhawk
Back several yrs ago when Ruger sold an XGI, didnt it bring like $10k? Marked mag would hav to be pricey. Especially if you had the XGI. Now, how many XGI's ended uo in the private market??

krw said:
Back several yrs ago when Ruger sold an XGI, didnt it bring like $10k? Marked mag would hav to be pricey. Especially if you had the XGI. Now, how many XGI's ended uo in the private market??

There are a few out there, given to Ruger Distributors and some others, besides the one that was auctioned as you reference....and my understanding was very, very few magazines are out there....it is the first one I have even seen.

chet15

Hawkeye
Those that got to test fire the XGI for their magazine articles probably did some exhaustive tests with multiple magazines.
I imagine most of the magazines got spirited away I this manner.
Are they worth a million dollars? No.
But interesting none-the-less.
I have an XGI instruction manual. Worth at least half as much as a magazine???
Chet15