.44 mag...new or old model.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

....came to us this past weekend, and we thought it was a nice old 44 mag Super Blackhawk,,,,,BUT...........it's not.........

8P4YJROm.jpg

fDbf3c4m.jpg

no "3 screws, and no pins" either........well guess its a Seville 8) :roll: :wink:

contender

Ruger Guru
As I saw the first picture,, the grips & grip frame looked "off" and then,, I saw the second pic,, and smiled.
Nice gun!

Thanks TY, and the action is "sweet"...Jeff M did a nice article on them back around 1999 in the Standard Catalog, and it seems Jim Taylor followed up with a rewrite on their forum....Seville and El Dorados have been all over, Chimney Rock, NC . Hauppage, NY and out west to Tombstone AZ..........late 70s and early 80s.. :wink:

w6ReoCwm.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Yep,, I remember them here in "Chimney Rock" yet the plant was actually just outside Lake Lure,, and NOT in Chimney Rock. They just used that as the address.

I knew Russ & Forrest personally. And now,, I own a pair of the CR El Dorado's. One used to be Forrest's "gun show display" gun.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I had a U.S. Arms Abilene in .44 when I was a teenager, and recently wound up with a Seville in .357. I thought they were the same company buy a little research indicated that they were not. United Sporting Arms was not U.S. Arms. I sold the Seville in the Classifieds and made a cowboy very happy.

No, Jeff didn't ,,,,,I already had the conversation with him as to "where" and "who" some of the records went, after the split.......he was quite involved with that operation back in the day......and bottom line a very good and desirable revolver, sold in the first hour of the next gun show..... 8) :roll: :wink: