Type III .22 Auto, Box, Shipper

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Doc4429

Single-Sixer
Serial number 7535, box and shipper numbered to the pistol. I have thought about adding a fairly early .22 Auto to my collection and this one seemed perfect since it had the box, shipper, instruction sheet, brush, and some additional documentation.

Bill

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

street

Hunter
Never seen a shipper for a Red Eagle. Except for the Salt Cod one. Could you show some pictures for the shipper. I would love to see what is written on it's outside. Thanks and that is one nice package for sure.

kevin masten

Blackhawk
That is, indeed, a nice package! I am green with envy, to say the least. In the era of the aforementioned Ruger, seldom were boxes preserved; simply tossed. It is rare to find a box let alone a shipper, that I have never seen before, has survived the ages. I have collected Rugers before it was the going rage and I still come across new things, Ruger, which keeps the hunt going. Thanks for sharing your good fortune.

Regards

chet15

Hawkeye
Wow!!!
The absolute earliest brown cardboard shipper known!!! And not long after the last of the salt cod boxes were used.
So, no additional sleeve marking on the outside of the brown cardboard is obviously what they did at that time, since they had no other products at the time... just the Ruger Standard model.
I am surprised it doesn't have a shipping label on the outside to at least the distributor... or, by that time their distributor system was set up and multiple sleeved guns were shipped in larger boxes.
The gun is a dandy too!! Does the magazine have the short slot or longer slot below the round hole on the side of the magazine?
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
Yes that works. long slot below.
The slot went from the shorter slot below the hole to long slot at about sn 7000.
Chet15

wish I could scan Pg 23 of Hiddlesons "Encyclopedia of Ruger1949-1991"
they are pictured there and noted 3 earlier mags from Docs, all white , two tone, etc.,,,,,,,,yes indeed a very NICE "package" Doc, thanks for sharing...........

I just sold an early Red Eagle box and it shows the "famous" utility knife line on the top of the box where a split shipping sleeve was opened. Looks like your shipper is opened on the end. It's rare to find a split shipper opened on the end. Very nice stuff.
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=290791&p=2901774#p2901774