1951 MK I Red Eagle, with "character".........

Help Support Ruger Forum:

we've seen some over the years the factory refused to refinish but would "replace" for a few dollars more ,like model only the "latest" version, especially when they have "no parts available"...........
still at it......

TTUVG0ym.jpg

8) :roll: :wink:

Johnnu2

Hunter
HAWKEYE#28 said:
As noted........wish we lived closer to one another! 8)

Truer words were never spoken.....

Patience and SKILL...... wish I had them like rugerguy.... WOW.

J.

thanks guys but I did have some some great 'mentors' teachers , with first hand experience back in the day,,,,Mr Bob Shea from HIgh Standard, Mr Dan Wesson, yes the grandson of the S&W Founder, as well as Austin Behlert, just to name a few and the guys I met back in the 70s from Camp Perry and the various military armorers, then the learning from the gunsmiths from Cleveland Custom gun..............
been there, done that, wish I had attended the Trade School in Trinidad,Colo, but had some grads from there help "learn me".......again, me and Dave Lanara from Colt "work", did it ( do it ,mostly BY HAND, and by eye....) they never gave me "Power tools"....... 8) :roll: :wink:

Besides I AM "retired" since 2002 !!!! :shock:

woodpuppy

Single-Sixer
Wait a minute, Will Terry and Dan Meigs have passed? Man. I don't get on here much these days, those 2 sets of twins have got me hoppin. I'm real sad to hear about Will and Dan.

, yes, sadly old "and so it goes...." and the 'Sultan of Shine' have left the building with far too many others recently....... :(

as well as "Bill, the appleman" whose gun is the gist of this story above, we just had a celebration of life for Bill last Saturday...RIP guys ( and gals) 8) :roll: :wink:

woodpuppy

Single-Sixer
And I've since learned Rugerpacker has also moved on. Wow. Great guys, all. May they know peace.