Approx cost to fit cylinder? Who to do it?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

338reddog

Single-Sixer
As above states. Wondering what it should cost to fit cylinder? Also who would be a good choice to send it to?
Jeff

contender

Ruger Guru
Are you wanting a new cylinder made? Are you talking about taking an existing one & having it fitted?

Either way,, maybe you can check out Tyler Gun Works in Texas. Bobby's work is excellent.
But if you already have a cylinder, and just want it properly fitted,, maybe Fermin Garza also known as "2dogs" here can help to. He is also in Texas.

I just sold a cylinder that didn't "fit" my gun very well, but after learning a little more, I probably could have made it work. It was the correct diameter and length of body, but the gas tube column (as it was called) was too short on mine, and the ratchet column was about 0.004" greater than my stock cylinder that did work. Do you have a working cylinder that does work for comparison to the other cylinder? In hindsight, I could have added a bushing washer to the gas tube and removed a couple thousandths from the ratchet column and probably would have worked for me. Are you in a similar boat?