Gunsmith recommendation for rebarrel.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bnewberry

Single-Sixer
I have an older tang safety International bolt action. I fell in love with it the first time I handled it in a pawn shop many years ago. I don't love the caliber though (.308) and have thought about getting it rebarreled to another caliber.

Anyone have a good, but not too expensive smith to recommend?

Fifteen years (+/-) back I had several surplus Mausers barreled at I T & D in Minerva OH. They did a decent job at affordable prices. Don't know if they're still in business or if they work on Rugers.

bnewberry

Single-Sixer
Mobuck said:
Fifteen years (+/-) back I had several surplus Mausers barreled at I T & D in Minerva OH. They did a decent job at affordable prices. Don't know if they're still in business or if they work on Rugers.

I will try to look them up. Thanks!

Are you still looking? If so, I just had a good experience with a NW MO gunsmith. He does a lot of high end rifle work for the long range shooter crowd.
Caleb did a muzzle threading job for me 2 weeks ago and was super cooperative to work with and turn around time was fantastic for this small job.

Alpha & Omega Rifle and Tool LLC
21880 HOLT 110
Mound City, MO 64470

You might check out their website. Just a suggestion: email rather than call the shop phone for the more general questions.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Thanks Mobuck! I'm going to check with them on a rifle. 1892 Win,,25-20. Bore is completely trash. Close to home. I'm thinking 32-20 remake.