No. 1 Banded Front Sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MIshooter

Single-Sixer
Anyone have a list of the Ruger part numbers for the banded front sights and what barrel contours they fit? Also, what are the ID's of the sights?

MIshooter

Xrayist

Single-Sixer
A lot of views, no answers, so I will try. As I remember, if you needed one, you called Tiger and told them what No. 1 you had, caliber, model, etc. and they would supply you with one. I do remember one list where they listed I.D, and height, but not sure where. You might call Brown bells, they might be able to help. Tiger is an interesting company to deal with. You can, or could, order a M77 wood stock. A No. 1 stock was factory replacement only, and only in same style as the gun was originally shipped. If you had a custom barrel on it, they would only restock it after regard doing it to factory specs, at your expense.

You might try New England Custom Gun (NECG) as they make parts (high-quality parts) for Ruger No. 1. I have done a couple of custom Ruger No.1 and used their barrel-banded front sight (called the Masterpiece, I think), their barrel-band front swivel, and their bomb-proof rear sights with the fold-down leaves. You might even be able to adapt the front sight to a revolver project since they offer different heights and sizes of front sights (even some fiber optic types).