Factory ammo and hand loads for the PC 9?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

PO2Hammer

Single-Sixer
Put a deposit down on a 9mm PC carbine and was wondering if PC owners have any favorite bullets or bullet weights that have proven to be accurate?
I know all guns are different, just trying to see if there are any trends in PC accuracy.

Mine functions well with everything I've put through it, (115gr, 124gr, 147gr) and they all are accurate. The 147's shoot the best, but not by much. Some day I will test each in water jugs and newspaper to see how they perform.

I have an older PC9 that shoots almost anything quite well and functions with every factory load I've tried. Also have a Marlin Camp 9 (16") and 3 AR 9 pistols (8", 8.5" & 10.5"). Depending on your intended use, the 147 grain bullets provide the best performance from the longer barrel. They seem to carry substantially more energy at longer distances than the lighter bullets. Even the 147 grain factory loads listed as 'sub-sonic' often beat that from barrels 8" and longer. I have to say the Federal TSJ 147 grain ammo is a real thumper load that smacks steel like a sledge hammer. Trying to talk myself out of buying another case of it now that it's down to 50 cents per shot.
The +P 124 grainers are really sizzling out of the longer 10-16" barrels and provide increased expansion vs what you see from a handgun.

Mobuck...I'm reminded of the elderly lady cops pulled over. They asked if she had any weapons. She said a 1911 on my hip, and a Glock 17 in my console and a 380 in my purse. Then she says I also have an AR 15 in the back seat and a pump shotgun in my trunk. The cop asked "what are you afraid of" to which she replied "Not a friggin thing"

PO2Hammer

Single-Sixer
Would love to try AA#7.
Closest I have is Power Pistol.
Lyman recommends PP and #7 for the carbine, maybe I'll switch.