WooHoo I'm rich(sort of)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Doing some busy work stuff trying to get a storage area organized and 'found' a 200 round case of 6.5 Creedmoor 'American Whitetail' and a 500 round case of .223 V-Max. This find came at a fortuitous moment as I was contemplating purchasing a case of the 6.5C ammo that I use for deer hunting and saved me $250-275(that I can waste somewhere else now).
I hope this lot of 6.5C is as accurate as the previous one which is consistently well under MOA @ 300 meters from my TC Compass II rifle.

jgt

Buckeye
Thanks. It is always nice to have someone share good news during times like these. I too, hope it works well in your rifle. Good luck with the upcoming season.

So . . . Christmas came early! :mrgreen:

A while back I took serious note of the "ammo situation" and decided to check out my supplies. So I went into the dungeon and dug thru all my stuff and made an actual inventory of everything. Discovered all sorts of things I had totally forgotten and decided I'm in good shape on ammo and reloading supplies . . . and now I have a written list of everything and its general location. A little organization is a good thing. :wink:

RSIno1

Hunter
A couple months ago I stubbed my toe on a 1200 round case of IMI 223 I had forgot about. It came just before we went on vacation and I forgot I had tossed it in the wife's junk room downstairs rather than taking it up to my junk/reloading/gun room.

Cholo

Staff member
It's not ammo, but...

I have 2 Remington 581 .22's with one magazine for each. Of course I dropped one loaded and it splattered. The original 5 rd. magazines are scarcer than hen's teeth, or $50++, so I looked on www.rimfirecentral.com because 1 person made a polymer and 1 an all metal one.

The next day I dug thru a bin full of grips and assorted gun stuff looking for something else and on the very bottom was a baggie with 2 like new 5 rd. magazines I must have bought in '79 or '80. I have no recollection of ever buying them.

How could I have sorted thru that parts bin so many times over the last 40 years and not seen them? :)

Cholo said:
It's not ammo, but...

I have 2 Remington 581 .22's with one magazine for each. Of course I dropped one loaded and it splattered. The original 5 rd. magazines are scarcer than hen's teeth, or $50++, so I looked on http://www.rimfirecentral.com because 1 person made a polymer and 1 an all metal one.

The next day I dug thru a bin full of grips and assorted gun stuff looking for something else and on the very bottom was a baggie with 2 like new 5 rd. magazines I must have bought in '79 or '80. I have no recollection of ever buying them.

How could I have sorted thru that parts bin so many times over the last 40 years and not seen them? :)
You didn't need them, and they were just part of the detritus in your parts bin. lol
gramps

That case of 6.5C has now inflated to approx $450-500 while the .223 ammo is still hanging in the $1 a shot range. I bought 3 boxes of 6.5Cr 140 grain Partitions directly from Nosler at almost $50 per box delivered. Ridiculous but if I'm careful, those 3 boxes will last through 1/2 dozen elk hunts.