Seating depth for double end wad cutter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wobbly34b

Bearcat
I can not find any information on seating depth for 32 caliber DEWC bullets.
I will be reloading 32 H&R magnums with 98 grain DEWC bullets from
Missouri Bullet Co. and 3.1 grains of Bullseye.

Thank you for any replies.

Bob

azleite

Single-Sixer
Ok, in my Lee 2nd edition it lists one load. 98 grain wadcutter over 2.0 grains of Bullseye @ 723 FPS to 2.3 grains (Max) @ 810 FPS seated to 1.075"- Hope this helps-Dave

azleite

Single-Sixer
Found another in the Lyman cast bullet handbook:.32 mag 1.8 grn Bullseye @ 813fps to 2.1 grn @ 836 fps seated @ 1.160" This in the 4th edition-show a pic of a wadcutter not DEWC-Dave

wobbly34b

Bearcat
Thanks for your reply.
I am going to have to dump mine and start over.
I have 60 cases sitting on the bench with 3.1 grs. in each one.
I think that I got that for a round nose cast bullet and after looking at that DEWC I thought to myself that bullet is going to be way to deep. Rugers are strong guns but there is no use pushing it that hard I am just punching paper.
Thanks again.

Bob

Thanks for bringing this up. I've been loading 38's DEWC's and I've just been seating them just about flush with the case. Is this not correct? I haven't seen any signs of too much pressure.

langenc

Single-Sixer
Kevin said:
Thanks for bringing this up. I've been loading 38's DEWC's and I've just been seating them just about flush with the case. Is this not correct? I haven't seen any signs of too much pressure.

So I would assume that the hollow end of the bullet in INside the case and the flat 'nose' is flush w/ the case mouth.

Ron IL

Bearcat
I did a bunch of testing with my 38 DEWC using Bullseye powder. I crimped some at the crimp groove and some crimped on the end. I found that the ones crimped on the end were a little faster. I then added a couple tenths of grain of powder to the ones crimped at the groove to get the same speed. It was like 10 fps difference from groove crimp to end crimp. Both shot good.

langenc said:
Kevin said:

So I would assume that the hollow end of the bullet in INside the case and the flat 'nose' is flush w/ the case mouth.

Thanks, I believe you are correct. I also think it's a bullet where you could have the lead projectile sticking out of the brass case if you would like. I've seen both ways. Like I said, I seat mine flush with the brass case. I shot a bunch of them this weekend. Good times...