New Normal?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I'm at a gun store right now. They have plenty of primers, but, oh man. They want $200 for a 1000 primers. Small pistol, large pistol same price.

Is this the new normal? I guess that's .20 cents each. It that puts 9mm at, heck, I might as well give up reloading.

So? Buy, or wait ? I e noticed the prices have dropped on some ammo, yesterday I bought some 22lr at near normal prices at another gun store.

Kandy Kisses

Single-Sixer
Just hang on, local scheels had small rifle and large pistol primers in stock at 3.99 and 4.99 per 100 with limit of a brick. Supply lasted about a week. Powder is what we are finding hard to get. hornady shell holder for several calibers is just as scarce. must be regional items. primers were cci brand.

Kevin said:
I'm at a gun store right now. They have plenty of primers, but, oh man. They want $200 for a 1000 primers. Small pistol, large pistol same price.

Is this the new normal? I guess that's .20 cents each. It that puts 9mm at, heck, I might as well give up reloading.

So? Buy, or wait ? I e noticed the prices have dropped on some ammo, yesterday I bought some 22lr at near normal prices at another gun store.

Not the new normal… that's well above gouger prices!

Most of us have seen some version of this movie, before. Many of us have seen it several times… bulk ammo was back down to $15/brick on sale (500, not the newfangled 325-round "brick") for most of 2019.

Prices will likely continue to trend downward until the next big political/gun control scare. The trick is to let things settle down, without stirring up a buyer's/hoarder's panic, in the meantime. If people would quit posting continuous dire predictions and creating mad rushes, we could ALL stock up a little at a time, and refill our ammo "nest eggs."

When it takes 2-3 years for a price spike to recede, naturally we're unlikely to see prices go back to where we remember them.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Every time I see a post like this I simply respond: DON'T BUY

There is only one way to control the market: DON'T BUY

Quit shooting for a year but: DON'T BUY

I haven't even been in any store selling guns or ammo in well over a year....

IMHO of course, but I'm correct about controlling the market... VOTE WITH YOUR FEET my friends

J.

Snake45

Hawkeye
01F7XJF8JJ88X61CFF3J2H0WVJ.jpeg