Sierra Load Manual 6th ed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Does anyone here have the Sierra VI load manual? I bought one in December from Midway USA, and it arrived new in the shrink wrap. When I started looking up loads for my 44Mag to see if there were any changes, I noticed that pages 991-1022 were missing. They were not misfiled elsewhere in the book that I could find. I called MidwayUSA and Sierra and they were apologetic but had none in stock and no new edition planned for a while and Sierra didn't have any replacement pages. I also looked around on the internet and there does not appear to be any more books. Am I the only person that has a new Sierra book but without the pages for the cartridge I load the most for. Too bad it wasn't pages in the rifle cartridge section, but had to be 44Mag and 44SuperMag. May have been some 45cal stuff, too, which I load for.

Paul B

Hunter
Mine is complete as near as I can tell. You'd probably get better results by calling Sierra.
Paul B.

Paul B said:
Mine is complete as near as I can tell. You'd probably get better results by calling Sierra.
Paul B.

They were my first call. There are no replacement pages available and none coming in the near future. I just need to find someone that has no interest in loading the items on those pages.

It's hard to beleive that there are not people there at work that do not have copies in their computer to send you missing pages or the manual in book form on their book self. You know they do. Handloading is so damn important to get it right, really unbelievable they would not help get a customer the information.

They emailed me PDF copies of the pages, but they're heavily watermarked and I'll have to cut them down to size. (The watermark is the biggest problem.). I'm not without data, but just would like to have my load manual complete without the most important pages missing (the very pages I bought the book for). Hoping I can find someone with no interest in loading the caliber and sell me theirs (if they have 6th edition).

rimmer

Single-Sixer
I think I would use someone else's bullets If that's the way are.

rimmer said:
I think I would use someone else's bullets If that's the way are.

I understand, but they did say they didn't have any replacement pages or books, so they can't give me what they don't have. I guess I was hoping to find someone else with the same book that does not load (or ever plan to load) anything on those pages and would be willing to sell them to me. But I'm not without manuals. I have plenty plus the mobile app. I just prefer to work from the book rather than an app, and I don't like the heavy watermarks on the PDFs Sierra sent me.

nvbirdman

Blackhawk
My manual is complete, and I would be happy to send you copies of the pages you need, but I don't have a copier at home and would have to use the copier at the library and pay for each page I copy.
Surely somebody on this forum has the manual and a home copier and could run off the required pages.

Thanks, but I'm not interested in copies. I'd prefer to purchase those pages from someone with a 6th edition, but only if they don't plan to use them.

azleite said:
Mine says edition V seventh printing

Thanks. I'm looking for the VI (6th) Edition. I'll have to see what printing mine was. I wonder if all 6th Ed manuals were messed up during the same printing run. Looks like the 5th Ed went to print several times!

sourdough44

Single-Sixer
I like paper manuals, but don't forget Sierra has the free reloading app for the iPad or phone. It's handy to look through when away & want to check out data.

mikld

Blackhawk
I'd call Sierra and probably send the manual back to Midway for a refund. You purchased a new product that was faulty, incomplete.

After striking out, I finally found someone selling new 6th ed manuals, so I returned the book back to Midway and got my refund today and ordered the new one from the other seller. I'm also excited to receive another manual I've missed which is the 2021 Western Powders manual. It looks to be a great resource since I love Accurate No. 5, 7, and 9. H110 is great but not always the ideal for every bullet weight and barrel length combination.