Canadian Universal BINDING

Help Support Ruger Forum:

onehandgunner

Single-Sixer
For very many years I have put a lot of the Australian Universal thru my Uniflow and never a hiccup. I began using the Canadian Universal this morning and it would bind about every throw of the lever. I noticed that the flakes are a bit bigger than the Aussie stuff but did not think that it cause a problem. It is acting a lot like IMR4198 when I flip the lever. Any way to solve this issue ? Thanks, Jerry

mikld

Blackhawk
To be honest, I have 2 one lb. bottles and one 4 lb. jug and don't know where they were manufactured. I've been using Universal since the early obumma administration for all my handgun loads (a few pounds) and have never noticed any rough metering in my C-H 502 or Lee PPM powder measures, and it works quite well in my old Pacific Pistol Powder Measure...

onehandgunner

Single-Sixer
It will say on the label in fine print. If the powder is grey colored it is from Australia if it is rose colored it is from Canada. I tried 3 different Uniflow measures I also swapped a new drum into one of them and no change. This AM I ran a few ounces of the Aussie powder and it metered just fine, I also ran a few ounces of Unique and it was fine, then I tried the rose colored stuff from Canada again and it was as before with a bind in the throw. It bothers me needless to say.