Timely packaging from Hodgdon

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunzo

Hunter
In an effort to get reloading powder to more shooters, Hodgdon has taken a revolutionary approach. I'd read abut it, but was skeptical until UPS dropped off my order this morning.

Shown next to a 1# bottle for comparison;

Johnnu2

Hunter
I hate to be 'negative', but, perhaps the real reason for their revolutionary approach is to MAKE A TON of money. It's really not a new thing to put less of anything into a package; they may have gotten the idea from "Chock ful o'Nuts" or "Maxwell House" or ........ On the other hand, it still is a beautiful day and we should all enjoy it ..!!!

IMHO of course,
J.

gunzo

Hunter
OK guys. I'm starting to feel guilty now; notice the date of the post. :wink: :mrgreen:

But that bottle is real. Hodgdon first handed them out at big shoots & shows as samples when a new powder came out.

Later they offered 4 bottle sample packs of different powders in or around a similar burning range to help a shooter more economically choose the powder their rifle liked.
I don't guess that went over well as the offering didn't last long.

RSIno1

Hunter
Not enough powder to load an entire box (20) of 458 Win Mag.
https://www.shootersreference.com/reloadingdata/458-winchester-magnum/

From their website:

-While we now sell direct-to-consumer on our own websites, we prioritize our shipments to our traditional sales channels to maximize powder availability at sporting goods and gun shop retailers everywhere.
-We place limited powder inventory for sale on a regular basis on our website. When we are sold out, we are sold out.
-We do not take backorders and our Tech Services team cannot take orders via email or phone.
-The maximum order quantity of any powder SKU is 5 and we will only accept one order, per customer, per calendar month.

mikld

Blackhawk
Dunno about April fools, but you could load 437 9mm 124 plated bullet rounds with that 3 oz. bottle (3 oz. = 1,312.5 gr. and a 124 gr plated bullet charge is 2.7-3.0 grains of Clays)...

32magfan

Blackhawk
For what it's worth, I have seen the 3oz. bottles of powder for sale at Gamaliel Shooting Supply. I can't recall the powder but it was something for shotgun/pistol. I paid it no mind so I can't even tell you a price. But it is not an April Fool's joke!!

32Magfan